Health & Safety
Health and Safety – Statement of Policy
This excerpt from our health and safety policy clearly shows our high level commitment to providing and maintaining safe and healthy work conditions, equipment and safe systems of work. We use the guidance set out in OHSAS18001 to help us to operate an OH&S Management System
We adopt a zero tolerance attitude towards unsafe acts with breaches of the health and safety policy, procedure and guidance, breaches being treated as a disciplinary offence.
The objectives of this policy shall be:
- To promote acceptable standards of health, safety and welfare within Mercer Tree Services Ltd Ltd.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant statutory provisions.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health.
- To create and maintain safe and healthy places of work for all employees and to ensure that the safety and health of persons other than employees are not adversely affected by our work activity.
- To ensure that staff at all levels are provided with adequate information, instruction, training and supervision.
- To ensure all employees are competent to undertake their tasks.
- To develop safety awareness and responsible attitudes at all levels.
- To promote a joint consultation approach on health and safety matters.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- To ensure sufficient funds are available to implement this statement.
- To review and revise this policy, organisation and arrangements manual as necessary and at regular intervals not exceeding 12 months.
This policy shall apply to the directors, employees and contractors engaged by Mercer Tree Services Ltd Ltd and shall be applied throughout the range of services undertaken by the company which are primarily:
- Domestic tree services
- Commercial tree services
- Survey and reporting services